Thursday, December 8, 2011

UPSET


Well does this just piss me off on many levels. There is news out that a mother killed herself and shot her two children [ one child has died and one still critical at the writing of this and it really bothers me ] after a 7 hour stand off in the Texas on Monday because she had been denied SNAP and had been run around the ringer since July for a lack of ‘ sufficient information’. Really people? I don’t think a woman that has desperately tried for months to receive help is a scammer for starters and secondly I can’t wait for the asshole critics to exclaim she should have gotten a job. I’m not sure if she was employed but would these critics hire her? Do you realize the bulk of people receiving SNAP are single mothers and children in poverty? Don’t forget after taxes she has to pay for daycare, rent, utilities, gas, maybe a car payment, insurance amongst others and surprise: food. This article is worth the read. It breaks my heart to read about the young girls facebook posts. She was asking for food stamps not like she was asking for cash. As you will find out the only thing you can get with this benefit is, shocker, FOOD. Do you think she is going to fence Cheerios on the street for Cigarette money? We are talking a maximum benefit of $6,312 a year. Three lives for $6,312. The maximum benefit for three is $526 a month. Holy crap, $526 that’s easily a bar and entertainment bill for me in a month. Maybe I should swear off gold digging women(, who eventually leave me) and booze for a month and give it to a needy family. I’M BEING DEAD SERIOUS. Yeah, yeah maybe I don’t have all my facts about this situation in Texas but where there is smoke there is fire. I think what makes me most mad that on top of this tragedy there are going to be countless arm chair quarterbacks blaming the mother. Unless you’ve walked in her moccasins STFU. That means especially you Mr & Mrs One-Percenter !

No comments:

Post a Comment